The headquarters of the company is located in the San Cassiano area of the city of Alba (province of Cuneo) in the Italian region of Piedmont
. At the beginning of the 19th century, the family ran a small restaurant business in Santo Stefano Belbo and also produced wine. Here Riccardo Ceretto learned how to make wine and moved to Alba in the 1930s. He founded the Casa Vinicola Ceretto and processed purchased grapes into wine. In the 1960s his sons Bruno (*1937) and Marcello (*1941) joined the business. After a visit to Burgundy
, they acquired a number of vineyards and introduced new methods. Finally, in 1994, a factory for the production of hazelnut products was set up and in 2005 two restaurants were opened in Alba.