The winery is located in Saint-Émilion in the area of the same name(Bordeaux). The estate is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. It was owned by the Franciscan monastic order (Priory, monastery). In 1897 it was bought by Joseph Brisson, the mayor of the commune of Néac. The land comes from a dismemberment of Cru des Cordeliers. From 2004, the estate was managed by daughter Aline Guichard and husband Paul Goldschmidt. For some time, the well-known oenologist Stéphane Derenoncourt worked as a consultant. Finally, in 2014, Artemis Domaines (François Pinault) took over the majority of the shares (he also owns Château Latour). The property also includes Château Vray Croix de Gay in the Pomerol area and Château Siaurac in the Lalande de Pomerol area.