The winery is located in the municipality of Néac in the Gironde department in the French wine-growing region of Bordeaux. Its origins date back to the 17th century, when a certain Ciorac bought a property. In 1832 it was bought by Pierre Brisson. The Brisson family then acquired the Domaine des Grands Champs in Pomerol in 1892 and Château Le Prieuré in Saint-Émilion in 1897. Madeleine Brisson and her husband Louis Guichard Vraye acquired Château Vray Croix de Gay in 1949 and merged it with the Domaine des Grands Champs. Their son Olivier Guichard (a former minister of Charles de Gaulle) started a modernisation process in 1998 with replanting of the vineyards and cellar renovation.