Part of the 21st district of Vienna Floridsdorf in the northwest of the Austrian capital Vienna on the southeastern slope of the Bisamberg. The formerly independent village was incorporated in 1938. It extends up to the plain of the Marchfeld. In 1784, Emperor Josef II. (1741-1790) renewed the privilege to serve self-produced wine to the people of Stammersdorf. Beside the perhaps better known Grinzing, Stammersdorf is for locals a synonym for the Heuriger (wine tavern), which can be found here in large numbers and is gladly visited by many Viennese. Well-known wineries with mostly Heurigen operations are Göbel Hans-Peter, Helm Robert, Wieninger and Winzerhof Leopold. Southwest of Stammersdorf borders Strebersdorf with also many wineries and Heurigen.