The winery is located between the communes of Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name and Pomerol (Bordeaux). It was once part of Château Figeac
(see the history there). Its origin dates back to 1881. After several changes of ownership, the estate was bought by Alain Château (sic) in 2005. The estate is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 25 hectares and are planted with Merlot (86%), Cabernet Franc (10%) and Petit Verdot (4%). The extremely long-lasting red wine is aged for 12 to 14 months in about one third new barriques. The second wine is called "Les Roches de Yon-Figeac".