The winery is located in the Pomerol
area directly on the border with the Saint-Émilion
area (Bordeaux). In the immediate vicinity is the famous Château Cheval Blanc
. It was once part of Château Figeac
(see the history there). Cathérine Conseillan inherited one of the agricultural areas in 1734 and between 1735 and 1776 planted vineyards on the present site. From 1756 she devoted herself exclusively to her vineyard. In the 1750s, the simple manor house was built, which still exists today. After several changes of ownership, it was acquired by Louis Nicolas (+1880) in 1871. Today it is managed by Bernard Nicolas. In the 1970s, Prof. Émile Peynaud
(1912-2004) was a consultant. The vineyards cover 12 hectares and are planted with Merlot (80%) and Cabernet Franc (20%). This extremely long-lasting red wine is aged for 18 months in 80 to 100% new barriques. Since the 2007 vintage, the second wine "Duo de Conseillante" is produced.