The Grand Cru site is located in the commune of Vosne-Romanée in the Burgundy Côte d'Or area. The name means "arduous work" (having to make an effort). In 1791, the legendary vineyard was acquired by Claude Marey of the Liger-Belair family, one of the largest and oldest wine trading houses in Burgundy. The area of the Premier Cru site Les Gaudichots was expanded in 1924, and when the Grand Cru site Romanée-Conti was replanted in 1945, the vines of La Tâche served as the basis. Until then, the vines in both vineyards had been ungrafted and had been controlled against phylloxera using the Kultural method with carbon disulphide. Both sites were then replanted with grafted vines, and the first wines were not produced until 1952.
The wein.plus encyclopaedia is a comprehensive, well-researched reference work. Available anytime and anywhere, it has become an indispensable part of teaching, used by students and myself alike. Highly recommended!Dominik Trick
Technischer Lehrer, staatl. geprüfter Sommelier, Hotelfachschule Heidelberg