The important wine trading and wine producing house with its headquarters in Beaune, Burgundy, was founded in 1859 by Louis Jadot. The last direct descendant, Louis-Alain Jadot, died in 1968. At the family's request, André Gagey took over as general director, a position he had held since 1962. In 1985, the company became the property of the American group Kobrand. Today, the domain Louis Jadot comprises about 50 hectares of vineyards in the very best areas of the Côte d'Or, as well as 40 hectares of vineyards in Beaujolais acquired in the 1980s. These include, for example, shares of Grand Cru and Premier Cru sites in the communes or appellations of Aloxe-Corton, Chambolle-Musigny, Gevrey-Chambertin, Montrachet, Morey-Saint-Denis, Pommard and Vougeot.