The winery is located in Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). Five closely situated estates with the part of the name Corbin once belonged to a related estate whose origins date back to the 15th century. According to legend, the area bordering Pomerol once belonged to the Prince of Wales and Edward von Woodstock (1330-1376), known as the "Black Prince". In 2010, the Giraud family sold the business to the SMABTP insurance group and merged it with Château Le Jurat. In 2012, it was merged with its sister winery Château Haut-Corbin
, also owned by SMABTP, thus rendering the classification of Château Haut-Corbin obsolete. The extended operation was classified as "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards now cover 28.5 hectares and are planted with Merlot (70%), Cabernet Franc (25%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (5%). The red wine matures for 12 months in 50% new barriques and is bottled without filtration
. Around 150,000 bottles of wine are produced annually.