The winery is located in the commune of Pauillac
or the area of the same name in the Médoc
(Bordeaux). In the 17th century it belonged to a large estate called "des Bages". At the end of the 18th century, the Croizet brothers bought the vineyards and sold them to Jean de Puytarac a few years later. Two years before the 1855 classification, the estate passed into the hands of the Calvé family, which led to a change of name to Château Calvé Croizet-Bages. It kept this name until 1934. In that year, Paul Quié acquired the estate, which has remained in the hands of this family until today. Today it is managed by his son Jean-Michel Quié. The property also includes the Château Rauzan-Gassies
(Margaux). In the 1855 Bordeaux classification
, the estate was awarded fifth place (Cinquième Cru Classé). The vineyards cover 30 hectares and are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (40%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). The long-lasting red wine is aged for 12 to 18 months in 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "Enclos de Moncabon".