This traditional winery is located in the municipality of Horitschon in the DAC region of Mittelburgenland (Austria). In the local chronicle, the name Weninger is first mentioned in 1828. The winery is run by Franz Ludwig and Martina Weninger. Franz Weninger is one of the Austrian pioneers of quality winegrowing. When he took over the winery from his parents in 1982, he immediately introduced rigorous changes such as harvest reduction, strict selection in the vineyard and slow aging in wooden barrels. Weninger became a guru in the Austrian red wine scene and is considered a master of barrique aging. After practical training in California, his son Franz Reinhard Weninger joined the winery in 1999.