The winery is located in the municipality of Joching in the Lower Austrian wine-growing region of Wachau. Attached is a restaurant with a view of the vineyards and the neighbouring Danube. The origins date back to 1910, when Anton Jamek acquired the first vineyards and barrels. The business was expanded by his son Josef Jamek (1919-2011) and developed to its current size. He was one of the founding fathers of the Vinea Wachau Nobilis Districtus association in 1983. The acquisition of the Klaus vineyard, which is predestined for Riesling, in 1959 set the trend. In 1960, he bottled the first single-varietal, single-vineyard and natural Riesling from there. This was a very courageous and innovative decision for the time. Josef Jamek is considered a pioneer and doyen of the Austrian wine scene. The winery is often referred to as "JJJ", which stands for Josef, Jamek and Joching. Since 1996, the winery has been run by Hans Altmann (son-in-law) and his wife Jutta.