The winery is located in the municipality of Erbach in the German wine-growing region of Rheingau. In the 12th century, the ancestral seat of the Knights of Erbach stood on the site of today's castle. The subsequent owners were the Knights of Allendorf for over 400 years, who founded the winegrowing business in 1337. At the end of the 18th century, the property was taken over by the Barons Langwerth von Simmern and passed to the Counts of Westphalen in 1800. They built Schloss Reinhartshausen in its present form. In 1855, Princess Marianne of Prussia (1810-1883) took over the buildings and land, which remained in the possession of this family until 1987. After more than two decades of changing owners, the winery is now owned by the Lergenmüller family, which has been rooted in German viticulture for generations and also grows grapes in the Palatinate. Since 2013, the traditional winery has been managed by winemaker Stefan Lergenmüller. Norbert Weiß is responsible as field manager and Martin Vogel as cellar master.