The winery is located in the municipality of Wachenheim in the German Pfalz wine growing region. It was founded in 1756. The Palladio-style villa, built in 1843, and a wine cellar with a wine cellar offer ample space for tastings, events, seminars and conferences. In 1996, after several changes of ownership, the winery was taken over by Dr. Loosen (Moselle wine region) and renamed Villa Wolf by J.L.Wolf. Since 2001 Patrick Möllendorf and Sumi Gebauer are responsible for the production of the wines and the care of the vineyards.