The winery is located in the municipality of Wachenheim in the German wine-growing region of Pfalz.
It was founded in 1756. The villa, built in 1843 in the Palladian style, as well as a wine cellar, provide ample space for tastings, events, seminars and conferences. In 1996, after several changes of ownership, the winery was taken over by Dr. Loosen
growing region) and renamed Villa
Wolf by J.L. Wolf. Since 2001, Patrick Möllendorf and Sumi Gebauer have been responsible for the production of the wines and the care of the vineyards.
The vineyards correspond to the vineyard classification of the Royal Bavarian Government of 1828. They cover 8.4 hectares of vineyards, which are distributed among the single vineyards Pechstein
= Grosse Lage (Forst), Hoheburg
(Ruppertsberg), as well as Goldbächel, Königswingert
and in the monopoly Belz = Erste Lagen (Wachenheim). More than 90% of them are planted with Riesling, the rest with Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir.