The winery is located in the municipality of Hohenruppersdorf in the south of the Lower Austrian wine-growing region of Weinviertel
. It was founded as early as 1683, the year of the Second Siege of the Turks in Vienna. Today it is run by Paul and Regina Hahn. The vineyards cover 15 hectares of vineyards in the vineyards Bergen, Boigenthal, Gaisrupp, Rothen Püllen and Zwiefang. They are planted with the white wine varieties Grüner Veltliner, Welschriesling, Rivaner (Müller-Thurgau), Pinot Blanc, Traminer, Muscat, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc, as well as with the red wine varieties Zweigelt, Blauburger, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Merlot. Natural, environmentally friendly viticulture is consistently practised according to the guidelines of KIP
(controlled integrated production). This includes gentle pruning, cover crop
, renunciation of chemical fertilisation
, natural foliage work, voluntary yield restriction, selective harvesting and the gentlest possible pressing. Depending on the type of wine, the wines are matured in steel tanks or in barriques. The premium wines include, for example, various Weinviertel DAC
(Grüner Veltliner), as well as the red wine cuvée "Mela Rossa" (Cabernet Sauvignon, Zweigelt, Blauburger, Syrah) aged for 24 months in barriques. Noble brandies are also produced.