The winery is located 1.5 kilometres southeast of the town of Saint-Émilion in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). The name Pavie is derived from the French name for vineyard peach. In the first edition of the work "Bordeaux et ses vins" by Cocks & Féret from 1850, Château Pavie is mentioned as the leading estate in the region. At that time, it belonged to the Talleman family and then to the wine merchant Ferdinand Bouffard. The latter increased the estate to a total of 50 hectares through additional purchases and inheritance. He consolidated the entire area under the name "Pavie", but named the wines from plots on the plateau as "Pavie-Decesse". After the First World War, Albert Porte took over the estate and sold it to Alexandre Valette in 1943. After his death in 1967, the property was divided among several branches of the family.
The wein.plus encyclopaedia is a comprehensive, well-researched reference work. Available anytime and anywhere, it has become an indispensable part of teaching, used by students and myself alike. Highly recommended!Dominik Trick
Technischer Lehrer, staatl. geprüfter Sommelier, Hotelfachschule Heidelberg