The winery is located in the commune of Barsac in the Sauternes
area (Graves, Bordeaux). Its origins date back to 1677, when Jean Raymond took over an agricultural estate called Doisic (later Doisy). The first vineyards were probably first planted by descendants. The Védrines family became owners by marriage in 1704. In the first half of the 19th century, the estate was divided into three parts: the present Château Doisy-Dubroca (which was taken over by the Faux family), Château Doisy-Daëne
and Château Doisy-Védrines
. In any case, in the 1855 Bordeaux classification
(for Sauternes), all three estates were classified in the second rank (Deuxième Cru Classé).