The winery is located in Saint-Émilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). The origin of the then Château Belair dates back to the 15th century with an owner Robert de Knolles (Knollys, later Canolles). It remained in the hands of this family until the French Revolution in 1789, when they fled and returned to control in 1802. In the 19th century, the wines were among the best in the area. From the mid-1870s there was a severe crisis caused by phylloxera
and both types of mildew
. In 1916, the estate was taken over by Edouard Dubois-Challon (+1921) from the neighbouring Château Ausone
. After his death, his widow hired Pascal Delbeck and bequeathed the property to him after her death in 2003. In 2007, he sold a 31% share to the Moueix
trading house, which also acquired the remaining 69% a year later. Extensive investments were made in the wine cellar and, starting with the 2008 vintage, the wine was renamed to its current name; Anna-Adèle Monange was the mother of Jean-Pierre Moueix. The main reason was a distinction by name, because there are 10 Bordeaux wine estates with the name part "Belair". The winery is managed by Edouard Moueix.