The headquarters of the sparkling wine house is located in the commune of Saint-Hilaire Saint-Florent on the left bank of the Loire near the town of Saumur. It was founded in 1851 by Etienne Bouvet (1828-1908) and his wife Célestine Ladubay, who bought an eight-kilometre-long cellar. The cellars carved into the tuff stone once belonged to the abbey "La Belle d'Anjou", which was already built in the 11th century. By the way, cellar tours by bicycle are offered. The coat of arms with the two silver lions was created in 1873. From that year onwards, privileged customers were offered the possibility of a personalised label and the company became the official supplier of the British Parliament. In 1878 a castle was built, as well as workers' housing estates for the employees. In the following years, a small theatre and a separate power station were built for the winery.