single vineyard in the municipality of Rüdesheim on the Rüdesheimer Berg in the German wine-growing region of Rheingau. The name goes directly back to a donation made by Archbishop Bardo of Mainz in the years 1031 to 1051, with which he gave the winegrowers of Rüdesheim and Eibing fallow land for clearing (reuten, rotten, roden = to clear) with which viticultural use by planting vines became possible. It is located on the western outskirts of Rüdesheim, very close to the legendary Rhine deep "Binger Loch". The vineyards extend west of the well-known Asbach brandy company below the Ramstein rock head. Extensive land consolidation in the 1950s removed the terraces in the western area and built new paved roads. The core and eastern area, however, remained essentially untouched.