The winery, also known as "Studert-Prüm Maximinhof", is located in the municipality of Bernkastel-Wehlen (Bernkastel area) in the German Moselle
wine-growing region. The Studert family, rich in tradition, has been cultivating vines in the 14th generation since 1581. The Maximinhof was the Wehlen property of the Benedictine Abbey of
St. Maximin in Trier and was documented as early as 1258. It came into the possession of the Studert family in 1805 in the course of secularisation under Emperor Napoleon
(1769-1821). In 1911, the estate of Mathias Prüm
(1835-1890) was divided among his children. One of the heirs was Peter Prüm (1881-1970). After Peter Prüm's death in 1970, his winery was merged with that of the Studerts and received its current name. After the death of the parents and the retirement of Gerhard Studert, the winery is continued by Stephan Studert and his son Michael Studert in Uferallee.