The Champagne House with its headquarters in Dizy was founded in 1798 by Memmie Jacquesson. Champagnes
were among the favourite wines of Emperor Napoleon
(1769-1821) and were served at his wedding to Marie-Louise of Austria in 1810. Johann Joseph Krug
(1800-1866) learned the art of blending from Jacquesson before he founded his own company. Today's owner is the Chiquet family. The vineyards cover 33 hectares, 40% of which are in the best locations in the municipalities of Avize
, Dizy and Hautvilles. The range of products produced includes the brands "Brut Perfection" (70% dark grapes, 30% Chardonnay), "Dégorgement Tardif", "Signature" and the vintage champagne "Blanc de Blancs".