The "German Wine Institute" is an institution of the German wine industry. It was founded in 1949 under the name "Deutsche Weinwerbung GmbH". Together with the DWF (German Wine Fund), the institution was based in the "House of German Wine" in Mainz. In Aril 2016, both moved into an office building in Bodenheim, a municipality directly adjacent to Mainz, and the address was specially changed to "Platz des Weines 2". Together with the DWF, the DWI has been promoting the sales and quality of German wines since the late 1940s. In 2007, Monika Reule, a graduate agricultural engineer, took over as director, succeeding Holger W. Kirsten. There are about a dozen "Information Offices for German Wine" in the most important foreign markets for wine exports, such as in London, in New York and in Tokyo.
The wein.plus encyclopaedia is a comprehensive, well-researched reference work. Available anytime and anywhere, it has become an indispensable part of teaching, used by students and myself alike. Highly recommended!Dominik Trick
Technischer Lehrer, staatl. geprüfter Sommelier, Hotelfachschule Heidelberg