The "German Agricultural Society" was founded in 1885 by Max Eyth (1836-1906). It is an organization of the German agricultural and food industry with headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and has about 20,000 members. The non-profit association is financed by membership fees, its income for services and public subsidies. The primary objective is to promote quality in the agricultural and food industry and to make scientific and technical knowledge available and suitable for practical application. More than 50 technical committees, working groups and commissions with about 1,000 honorary experts from science and practice work in the DLG centre of expertise. In the "DLG Test Centre for Food" in Frankfurt am Main, food such as bread, beer, dairy products and wine are intensively tested and high-quality products are awarded bronze, silver or gold prizes in the three levels. The "DLG test" certifies the high quality of the product.