The French wine empire "Maison M. Chapoutier" with its headquarters in the town of Tain-l'Hermitage in the Rhône wine-growing region was founded in 1879 by Polydor Chapoutier as a wine trading house. However, the traditional family had already been involved in winegrowing since 1808. In 1988, the company was taken over by the seventh generation of the family, Michel and Marc Chapoutier. They carried out rigorous changes. For example, the old chestnut barrels were replaced by barriques. The yields were so radically reduced that the production volume was halved. Most of the vineyards were converted to biodynamic viticulture by the mid-1990s.
The wein.plus encyclopaedia is a comprehensive, well-researched reference work. Available anytime and anywhere, it has become an indispensable part of teaching, used by students and myself alike. Highly recommended!Dominik Trick
Technischer Lehrer, staatl. geprüfter Sommelier, Hotelfachschule Heidelberg