The winery is located in the municipality of Neumarkt (Egna) in the Italian wine-growing region of South Tyrol ( Trentino-Alto Adige region). The manor house was built in the 17th century and received its current appearance in the second quarter of the 18th century. Around 1770, the Baron Longo family acquired the palace and incorporated it, together with the Villner Schlössl in the middle of the vineyards (see below), into the family's wine estate. There was an own wine school as well as open wine sales in the own Gassenschänke in Klagenfurt. The Palais Longo is home to the estate's historic wine cellar, most of which, however, was redesigned in 2015. Last owned by WG Neumarkt (now Kellerei Tramin), the estate was finally taken over by Baron Anton von Longo Liebenstein from his father Felix in 2015.