The winery is located in the municipality of Niederfell in the German Mosel wine-growing region. It goes back to the winery of the Princes von der Leyen, which was founded in 1711. The name is derived from the local saint Lubentius (a disciple of Martin of Tours), who was a missionary in Kobern on the Moselle in the 4th century. When the former owners could not find a successor, the estate was taken over in 1994 by the law student Andreas Barth as a lateral entry. In July 2007, the wine workshop, built in modern architecture, was put into operation and serves as a representative building. In 2010, it was awarded the "Wine Architecture Prize". The vineyards cover four hectares of vineyards in the Gäns and Schlossberg (Gondorf), Kahllay (Niederfell) and Schlossberg, Uhlen and Weissenberg (Kobern) sites. These are exclusively steep slopes, which can only be cultivated by hand.