Singular situation in Homburg am Main, district of the market Triefenstein (area Maindreieck) on the left bank of the Main in the German cultivation area Franken. The name is derived from the Celtic "Calemont", which means "bare mountain" or "hot mountain" and refers to the sparse vegetation on the peaks. The vineyard was probably planted by Benedictine monks as early as the 9th century. The first documented mention was in 1102 with the foundation of the Triefenstein monastery. During the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648) the Swedes plundered the monastery in 1631. At that time the cellars there stored over 100,000 litres of wine (approx. 150 Fuder à 720 litres), a large part of which probably came from Kallmuth. The last Triefenstein provost Melchior Zösch (1725-1802) had the retaining walls in the vineyard built at the end of the 18th century.