The winery is located in the municipality of Iphofen (Steigerwald area) in the German wine-growing region of Franconia
. The main house with its historic vaulted cellar was built around 1650. In 1742, the Carthusian monks
acquired the estate for the production of their wine, which remained in their possession until 1803. After that, the estate was bought by the Fröhlich family, who are now the sixth generation of the family to run it. The winery is located directly on the Herrengraben, the historic, fully preserved ramparts and fortifications of Iphofen. Holiday flats are also available for rent. After training as a winemaker and studying business administration, the winery is managed by Thomas Fröhlich and his wife Andrea.