The winery is located in the municipality of Glanz a. d. Weinstraße in the Austrian wine-growing region of South Styria. Wine-growing has been practised on the traditional farm and in the family since 1682. Andreas Tscheppe senior was one of the Styrian winegrowing pioneers, among other things he introduced new cultivation methods and vineyard equipment suitable for steep slopes to his farm. His two sons, Andreas Jr. and Ewald, completed their education at the viticulture school Silberberg. Until 2004 the estate operated under the name "Andreas Tscheppe", now it is run under the new name "Weingut Werlitsch" (old house name) by Ewald and Brigitte Tscheppe (Andreas Tscheppe jun. built up an independent business).