The large winegrowers' cooperative
has its headquarters in the city municipality of Stuttgart in the German wine-growing region of Württemberg
. It was founded in 1887 by 34 winegrowers under the then name "Weingärtnergenossenschaft Untertürkheim". At that time, Württemberg was still a kingdom in its own right and the wine was supplied to the court of the Russian Tsar through royal connections. Today there are 40 winegrowers who work according to the common credo of "quality before quantity" and "distinctiveness before quantity". The large cross-vaulted cellar dates back to 1902. Chairman of the board is Bernd Munk, cellar master since 1987 Jürgen Off and new managing director since 2011 Stefan Hübner. The vineyards of the member wineries cover 86 hectares of vines in the single vineyards Altenberg and Mönchberg
(Untertürkheim), Abelsberg (Gaisburg) and Kirchberg (Obertürkheim). Two thirds of the vineyards are planted with the red wine varieties Trollinger (36%), Pinot Noir, Lemberger, Dornfelder, Portugieser, Schwarzriesling, Muskat-Trollinger, Acolon, Merlot, Cabernet Cubin and Regent, and one third with the white wine varieties Riesling (18%), Müller-Thurgau, Kerner, Silvaner, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Gewürztraminer and Sauvignon Blanc.