wein.plus
Attention
You are using an old browser that may not function as expected. For a better, safer browsing experience, please upgrade your browser.

Log in Become a Member

Vinschgau Valley

Subzone (Valle Venosta) for white wines and red wines within the South Tyrolean DOC area (Alto Adige or dell'Alto Adige) in the Italian wine growing area South Tyrol (in the double region Trentino-South Tyrol). It includes the municipalities of Castelbello-Tschars (Castelbello-Ciardes), Latsch (Laces), Naturns (Naturno), Parcines (Parcines) and Schlanders (Silandro). If the grapes come from classified vineyards, Vigna may be indicated followed by the name of the vineyard.

The wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties. The eight white wines are Chardonnay, Kerner, Müller-Thurgau, Pinot Bianco(Pinot Blanc), Pinot Grigio(Pinot Gris), Riesling, Sauvignon(Sauvignon Blanc) and Traminer Aromatico(Gewürztraminer). Of all the white wines there is also a Passito and a Vendemmia tardiva(late harvest). The two red wines are Pinot Nero(Pinot Noir) and Schiava (different Schiava varieties). Of all wines except Müller-Thurgau there is also a Riserva.

Voices of our members

Dr. Christa Hanten

For my many years of work as an editor with a wine and culinary focus, I always like to inform myself about special questions at Wine lexicon. Spontaneous reading and following links often leads to exciting discoveries in the wide world of wine.

Dr. Christa Hanten
Fachjournalistin, Lektorin und Verkosterin, Wien

The world's largest Lexicon of wine terms.

26,026 Keywords · 46,825 Synonyms · 5,324 Translations · 31,361 Pronunciations · 184,878 Cross-references
made with by our author Norbert F. J. Tischelmayer. About the Lexicon

EVENTS NEAR YOU