Log in Become a Member

Venetia

DOC area for white wines and red wines in the Italian region of Veneto. The large zone includes all the municipalities of the provinces of Treviso and Veneto. Bianco Spumante and Bianco Frizzante are blended from Verduzzo Friulano and/or Verduzzo Trevigiano and/or Glera (at 50%), as well as other authorised varieties (max. 50%). The Rosso is made from Merlot (zum. 50%). The Rosato or Rosé (also as Frizzante and Spumante) is produced from Raboso Piave and/or Raboso Veronese (zum. 70%). The pure variety wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the rest can be other approved varieties (max. 15%). These are Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Pinot Grigio = Pinot Gris.

The world's largest Lexikon of wine terms.

23.136 Keywords · 48.170 Synonyms · 5.311 Translations · 28.450 Pronunciations · 155.966 Cross-references
made with by our Experts. About the Lexicon

EVENTS NEAR YOU

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.