The "VAUX Sekt-Manufaktur" has its headquarters in Eltville
in the German Rheingau
wine growing region. Its origins date back to 1868 when the company was founded in Berlin. In the 1880s, the company acquired the "Château de Vaux" not far from Metz on the Moselle in Lorraine, together with extensive vineyards, thus creating a German "Champagne House". As a result of the First World War, Lorraine became French territory, which is why the production site was moved to Eltville. After several changes of ownership, a small group of wine lovers, initiated by Wiesbaden bank director Gustav Adolf Schaeling, took over the sparkling wine factory from a subsidiary of Dresdner Bank in 1982. In the meantime, Schloss Vaux is a public limited company with 68 shareholders. Since 1998, Nikolaus Graf von Plettenberg, Prince Michael zu Salm-Salm, has served on the management board. The cellar master is Joachim Renk.