Located in Montalcino in the Italian region of Tuscany
, the estate was bought in 1953 by Martini Bramante, who had grown up on it. He vinified his first Brunello in 1968.When he thought of selling the estate in the 1980s, his grandson Vincenzo Abbruzzese decided to take over as a lateral in 1987. Considerable investments were made in the vineyard and cellar, and the accomplished oenologist Attilio Pagli was hired as a consultant. The owner is extremely fussy about vineyard maintenance and, by his own admission, spends time in his vineyards every day (except when it rains). The estate covers 40 hectares, 16 of which are planted with vines. The flagship of the house is the Brunello di Montalcino
from the single vineyard Madonna del Piano, which is only produced in very good years. A second is marketed under Brunello Valdicava. A Rosso di Montalcino
is also produced. The wines are matured in Slavonian oak.