The company "Tsantali Vineyards & Wineries" is one of the largest wine producers and wine trading houses in Greece. The headquarters are located in the municipality of Agios Pavlos above Kassandra, the western headland of the Chalkidiki peninsula in the region of Macedonia. The roots date back to 1890, when the grandfather of the current Tsantali generation started producing tsipouro (pomace brandy) in Sidirochori in north-eastern Thrace. In 1922, the founder's five children (four sons, one daughter) emigrated to Serres (Eastern Macedonia). The brothers Theodoros and Evangelos first worked in a beverage company and in 1938 founded a distillery for ouzo. In 1945 Evangelos Tsantalis (1913-1996) emigrated to Thessaloniki (Theodoros stayed in Serres). He began to make red wine in Naoussa. However, there was not yet a winery of his own, but purchased wines were bottled and marketed. Today the company is run by the third generation, President Ioanna Tsantalis and Vice President Dr. Georgios Tsantalis.