Log in Become a Member

Tenuta di Lilliano

The winery is located in the municipality of Lilliano, a district of Castellina in Chianti (province of Siena) in the Italian region of Tuscany. The wine production is part of a large estate with a total of 460 hectares of land, of which 40 are olive groves, 170 seeded, 70 irrigated and 130 wooded. The beginnings of the building complex, formerly owned by the Marquis of Tuscany, date back to the Middle Ages and have been partially preserved in topography, cellar and curtain wall. The traditional estate was acquired in 1920 by the grandfather of the present owners. Eleonora Ruspoli Berlingieri began bottling wines in 1958, assisted by two experts, Giulio Gabelli and Enzo Morganti. The current owners are Giulio and Pietro Ruspoli, the cellar master is Andrea Brunelli, the oenologist is Lorenzo Landi. The vineyards cover 36 hectares. They are exclusively planted with red wine varieties, namely Sangiovese, Merlot, Canaiolo, Colorino del Valdarno, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Sauvignon. New vineyards are planted with Sangiovese exclusively with clones that come from the "Chianti Classico 2000" research and experimentation series in which the winery played a major role

The world's largest Lexikon of wine terms.

23.268 Keywords · 48.171 Synonyms · 5.312 Translations · 28.583 Pronunciations · 157.774 Cross-references
made with by our Experts. About the Lexicon

EVENTS NEAR YOU