The educational centre for fruit and wine growing and winery Silberberg is located in Kogelberg near Leibnitz in southern Styria (Austria). The name comes from the former owner Count Heinrich von Silberberg. By marrying into the family of the Lords of Leibnitz, Count Heinrich von Silberberg came to the site of today's viticultural school in 1331. In the last third of the 19th century downy mildew and phylloxera also reached Styria and destroyed many vineyards. For the purpose of developing measures and further training, the estate was purchased in 1895 by the then Styrian Parliament for 19,000 guilders in order to establish a provincial vineyard and a training centre for the winegrowers of the region.