The winery is located in the municipality of Lieser (Bernkastel area) in the German cultivation area Mosel
. The castle, built from grey slate between 1885 and 1895, was once the seat of Baron von Schorlemer. Immediately adjacent, the "Schloss Lieser" vineyard was built in 1904. After it was sold in the 1970s, the estate suffered a decline in quality due to several changes of ownership. Shortly before the grape harvest in 1992, Thomas Haag took over the management, reorganised the estate and bought it in 1997. The vineyards cover 8.5 hectares of vineyards in the single vineyard sites Juffer
and Juffer Sonnenuhr(Brauneberg
(Graach), as well as Niederberg-Helden
and Schlossberg (Lieser). These are planted exclusively with Riesling. Natural viticulture with consistent quantity reduction is practised. After a strict selective hand harvest in several passes, only fully ripe grapes are harvested and pressed extremely gently. The pre-clarified musts are fermented in wooden barrels or stainless steel tanks at cool temperatures, depending on their character. Sweet Prädikat wines are a speciality of the house. The winery is a member of the VDP
(Association of German Prädikat Wine Estates).