wein.plus
Attention
You are using an old browser that may not function as expected. For a better, safer browsing experience, please upgrade your browser.

Log in Become a Member

Salaparuta

DOC area for red wines and white wines in the Italian region and on the island of Sicily respectively. The zone covers in its entirety the municipality of Salaparuta in the province of Trapani. The town of Salaparuta was completely destroyed and rebuilt during an earthquake in 1968

The pure variety wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties. The four white wines are Catarratto(Catarratto Bianco), Chardonnay, Inzolia and Grillo. The four red wines are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Nero d'Avola and Syrah. The Rosso is produced from at least 65% Nero d'Avola. The Novello is blended from Nero d'Avola (50%) and Merlot (20%) The Bianco is produced from at least 60% Catarratto Bianco. There is a longer matured Riserva of all red wines.

The world's largest Lexikon of wine terms.

24.358 Keywords · 48.032 Synonyms · 5.311 Translations · 29.674 Pronunciations · 164.360 Cross-references
made with by our Experts. About the Lexicon

EVENTS NEAR YOU