single vineyard in the municipality of Bad Kösen (Neuenburg Castle area) in the German wine-growing region of Saale-Unstrut. It is considered a district of Bad Kösen, which is why it is called "Saalhäuser" without a municipality name. In 1378, the vineyards of Saalhäuser were first mentioned in an arbitration award between the Augustinian and Cistercian monks. After the Reformation, the vineyards were owned by the Saxon ruling house for many centuries. In the 1830s, model vineyards were planted on parts of the hill. A good hundred years later it was bought by the government. The south to southwest-facing vineyard with a slope of 25 to 40% covers 7.5 hectares of vines on loamy, skeleton-rich shell limestone soils. The grape varieties Riesling,Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir and Zweigelt are cultivated here. The site is solely owned by the Kloster Pforta wine estate.