Singular situation in the municipality Geisenheim in the German cultivation area Rheingau west of the well-known Johannisberger Schlossberg. It was already mentioned in documents in 1292 as "Via Clusen" and at the beginning of the 14th century as "Cluserweg". The hermitage at the foot of Johannisberg Castle was once a small Benedictine monastery, which had long been abandoned. The manor house with its Renaissance building and late Gothic chapel in the Klaus location, which is still inhabited today, is a reminder of the monastic times. The south-facing vineyards at an altitude of 100 to 155 metres above sea level with a gradient of up to 10% comprise around 50 hectares of vineyards on deep calcareous loess loam soils with proportions of stone and quartzite, as well as sea sand in the subsoil. The vines are well protected from winds by the nearby Taunus Mountains. Mainly the Riesling variety is cultivated here. The vineyards Chat Sauvage, Erbslöh, Freimuth Alexander, Privy Councillor J. Wegeler Erben, Geisenheim, Johannishof Eser, Prince of Hesse, Schönborn Castle and Trenz Michael, for example, have shares in the site.