The winery is located in the municipality of Enkirch in the German wine-growing region of Mosel. It is one of the oldest wineries on the Moselle. The middle part of the winery, which still exists today, was first mentioned in 908 in a document of the Carolingian king Louis IV (893-911). (893-911), in which a transfer of the estate to the church was confirmed. The base of the building dates from the second half of the 9th century. The supporting basalt column in the deep cellar is of Roman origin. Particularly formative for the history and development was the Immich family, which is one of the oldest winegrowing families in the Moselle with a winegrowing history from 1425 to 1989.