The capital of Styria is the second largest city in Austria with about 290,000 inhabitants. The Grazer Feld was a densely populated agricultural landscape during the Roman Empire. The city has a long winegrowing tradition, which was first documented in 1140. Margrave Gunther von Sanntel bequeathed vineyards on the Graz Kehlberg in Webling to the Admont Monastery. In 1820 there were still vineyards in all 23 outlying municipalities of the town. The vineyards were mainly located on the slopes of the Grazer Feld and covered 190 hectares, 37 of them on the Kehlberg. At the beginning of the 20th century, the Kehlberg was named after the famous Grinzing district in Wien known as "Kleingrinzing" and a popular destination for the people of Graz. There were also numerous " Buschenschänke" (wine taverns) here. The last of these taverns was closed in 1967.