The winery is located in the municipality of Jetzelsdorf near Haugsdorf in the northwest of the Lower Austrian wine growing region Weinviertel. The foundation stone was laid by Hans Bauer sen. in 1935 and the business was expanded by his son Hans Bauer jun. Since the beginning of 2008, after graduating from the Klosterneuburg School of Viticulture, internships in South Tyrol, South Africa and Australia, as well as working in the wine trade WEIN & CO, the business has been managed by Christoph Bauer and his wife Heidi in the third generation of the family. The innovative company was a pioneer in many areas. In 1993, the first pure Zweigelt wine aged in barrique was bottled in the community. This was followed in 1997 by the "Vintage", one of the first Austrian wines in the port wine style. Finally, in 2004, the first plant with minimal cutting was introduced in the Pulkautal.