The winery is located in the municipality of San Michele all'Adige in the Trentino area in the dual region of Trentino-South Tyrol. The Augustinian monks founded viticulture here around 1145 and cultivated those vineyards that now belong to the estate. In 1885 it was taken over by the Endrici family (in dialect "Endrizzi"). Francesco Endrici (great-grandfather of the owners) was a pioneer in introducing the Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot varieties at the beginning of the 20th century. Today, the winery is run by Dr. Paolo and Christine Endrici. Thomas Battisti is the cellar master, Vito Piffer is the responsible oenologist.