The winery is located in the municipality of Schwaigern in the German wine-growing region of Württemberg. The administrative seat of the Counts of Neipperg is not on the old Staufer castle complex from the 12th century, but in the count's castle in Schwaigern, which was built in 1702 on a castle destroyed in the Thirty Years' War. The castle also houses the winery, whose vaulted cellar is located in the former moat. The owner of the castle and winery is Karl Eugen Erbgraf zu Neipperg. Bernd Supp has been responsible for the cellar since 1992. The Neipperg family also owns the two wineries Château Canon-La-Gaffelière and Clos de L'Oratoire in Saint-Émilion, France, which are run by brother Comte Stephan Neipperg.
The wein.plus encyclopaedia is a comprehensive, well-researched reference work. Available anytime and anywhere, it has become an indispensable part of teaching, used by students and myself alike. Highly recommended!Dominik Trick
Technischer Lehrer, staatl. geprüfter Sommelier, Hotelfachschule Heidelberg