wein.plus
Attention
You are using an old browser that may not function as expected.
For a better, safer browsing experience, please upgrade your browser.

Log in Become a Member

DOC area for white wines, red wines and rosé wines in the Italian region of Campania. The zone completely covers the municipalities of Amalfi, Atrani, Cetara, Conca dei Marini, Furore, Maiori, Minori, Positano, Praiano, Ravello, Scala, Tramonti and Vietri sul Mare in the province of Salerno. There are three subzones, Furore (Amalfi, Conca dei Marini, Furore, Praiano), Ravello (Atrani, Minori, Ravello, Scala) and Tramonti (Maiori, Tramonti), with different specifications regarding alcohol content and grape variety blend, which may be additionally indicated on the label.

Bianco (also known as Passito and Spumante) is produced from Falanghina and/or Biancolella (40%), as well as other authorised varieties (max. 60%). The Furore Bianco is produced from Falanghina (30%) and Biancolella (10%) - together 40%, Biancazita/Biancatenera = Ginestra, Fenile and Ripolo (40-60%), as well as other approved varieties (max. 20%).

Voices of our members

Sigi Hiss

There is a vast number of sources on the web where one can acquire knowledge about wine. But none has the scope, timeliness and accuracy of the information in the encyclopaedia at wein.plus. I use it regularly and rely on it.

Sigi Hiss
freier Autor und Weinberater (Fine, Vinum u.a.), Bad Krozingen

The world's largest Lexicon of wine terms.

26,424 Keywords · 47,030 Synonyms · 5,321 Translations · 31,757 Pronunciations · 207,478 Cross-references
made with by our author Norbert F. J. Tischelmayer. About the Lexicon

EVENTS NEAR YOU

PREMIUM PARTNERS