Grand Cru location or appellation in the municipality of Morey-Saint-Denis in the Burgundy region of Côte d'Or. It was first mentioned in the middle of the 14th century after a noble family as "Clos de Lambrey". After the French Revolution (1789), the property was auctioned off and completely dismembered. In 1981 the site was classified as a Grand Cru. After an eventful history with numerous owners, the Domaine des Lambrays was almost completely taken over by the German industrialist Günter Freund and his son Hans-Joachim in 1996. Only a tiny 4.2 ares plot belongs to the Domaine Taupenot.
The east-facing vineyard, at an altitude of around 300 metres above sea level, covers 8.7 hectares of vines on marl soil at the top and clayey-limestone soil at the bottom. It is enclosed by a wall. To the north is the Grand Cru vineyard Clos Saint-Denis, to the south is the Grand Cru vineyard Clos de Tart. The site is divided into the four climats (plots) Les Bouchots, Lambray, Les Larrets and Meix-Rentier. The extremely long-lasting red wine is almost exclusively made from Pinot Noir. But also Pinot Beurot(Pinot Gris) and Pinot Liébault are allowed, theoretically up to 15% Chardonnay and Pinot Blanc could be used. The fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks. The wine is vinified separately by parcel, usually up to 50% of the harvest is declassified and marketed as Morey-Saint-Denis Premier Cru. The wine is aged in up to 75% new barriques. Although the wine is fined with egg white, it is not filtered. Around 35,000 bottles are produced annually.